Ding Dong!! Who is at your door? Are you lazy enough to get up and check?? Well, don’t worry my fellow friends as smart doorbells come with everything you need now that will let you know who is standing outside without moving an inch. Yes!! Hats off to our IoT Professionals who have integrated Wi-Fi enabled apps, two-way communication, live video streaming, cloud video storing, motion detection and much more exciting and intelligent features in today’s doorbells and that is why they are marked as smart doorbells.
Smart doorbells work with your smartphones. So this means you can clearly see who is at your front doorsteps via your mobile. Well, apart from convenience, definitely an appealing piece of work as it will let you avoid responding if you are not interested in meeting any person.
On the other hand, when we talk about peepholes, they do get dirty, wet and sometimes even blocked. So, you might have your friend, neighbor, a pizza delivery guy, a salesperson or completely a stranger; the smart doorbells offer you to feel more secure in your home by eliminating peepholes troublesome possibilities and let you handle the entire situation through your smart mobile device.
Essential Points to Ponder When Buying a Smart Doorbell:
While roaming around in the market, you may find numerous smart doorbell brands; each equipped with an array of useful features making you confused which one to opt for. However, after conducting a complete survey, here we have compiled a few of vital considerations that will let you get your hands on the best model available at the stores.
- The foremost thing is the price and definitely that depends upon the part of your budget you are willing to invest. Smart doorbells are available with different price tags. Well, high priced offer more smart incorporations than the cheaper one.
- Next, we all know that high resolution is equivalent to better image quality. So, it is very important to consider the video excellence to have a clear and refined view of the person standing at the door. And do not forget about the night vision capability. Of course, that is one of the most helpful features. Moreover, smart doorbells now come with cloud recording options that will let you store your videos for replaying, downloading and even sharing.
- Check out for the two-way audio facility. Now you can communicate with your visitors by utilizing built-in microphone and speakers.
- How about interacting with your smart doorbell using voice commands? Well, incorporation of Amazon Alexa or the Apple HomeKit will let you enjoy such communications. Moreover, the IFTTT permits you to set up advanced settings regarding smart home automation.
- Lastly, do you want a wireless smart doorbell that runs on batteries or do you like to have the wired one installed? Talking about the wireless, they are easy to install but their batteries tend to exhaust early, depending upon the usage. On the other hand, the wired ones are not quick to install but you don’t need to worry about losing its power.
The Best Smart Doorbells to Buy for your Home:
- Ring Video Smart Doorbell Pro
- SkyBell HD Silver WiFi Video Smart Doorbell
- Vuebell WiFi Video Smart Doorbell
- Honeywell SkyBell Wi-Fi Smart Video Doorbell
- RemoBell WiFi Wireless Smart Video Doorbell
- Ring Video Smart Doorbell 2
- iseeBell Wi-Fi Enabled HD Video Smart Doorbell
- Zmodo Greet Wi-Fi Video Smart Doorbell
- V-Tech Video Smart Doorbell
- August 1st generation Smart Doorbell
Ring Video Smart Doorbell Pro:
With full HD camera and recording rich video options, Ring Video Smart Doorbell Pro comes in a sleek slim design that does not only adds ease but also style to your home. It encompasses night vision that will let you have a look outside your front door even during evening hours. Compatible with Amazon Alexa, it allows you to enjoy the interaction with simple voice commands.
Moreover, what makes Ring smart doorbell an ideal choice is its enhanced motion detection that permits you to set alerts for zones in the form of shapes like mailbox, driveway, front lawn, etc.
- Compact and slender design
- Capable of recording up to six months of activity
- Easy to install
- Cloud recording will cost extra
SkyBell HD Silver Wi-Fi Video Smart Doorbell:
Launched with a unique circular design, SkyBell Wi-Fi Video Smart Doorbell makes a perfect fit for your home by offering a wide range of excellent features. The doorbell comes with a 1080p camera, 5x zoom, and motion sensors to help you identify your visitor.
SkyBell smart doorbell includes battery offering a fair enough run time for short durations. However, replacing the existing wired doorbell is a better idea for its long-term usage. Furthermore, this smart doorbell is water resistant and has the ability to cope with extreme weather conditions.
- Allows you to stream videos via a mobile app
- Receive timely notifications when motion sensors sense some movement
- Take snapshot while watching a live feed
- Supports IFTTT and Alexa voice commands
- Free cloud storage
- Wired installation tends to be more challenging
Vuebell Wi-Fi Video Smart Doorbell:
Compact and stylish, Vuebell Wi-Fi Video Smart Doorbell is armed with a camera that streams 720p HD video to your Android or iOS devices. It gives 185-degree horizontal and 120-degree vertical camera view to its users. Connected to Wi-Fi, offers a crystal clear picture via its dedicated app.
Its high-quality lens and powerful infrared LEDs let you see clearly at day and night. Moreover, the noise cancellation chip encourages an explicit conversation with your guests.
- Impressive design
- Motion sensors to capture any movement
- Lifetime customer support
- Hard to install
- Lags connectivity
- Image and ring are often delayed
Honeywell SkyBell Wi-Fi Smart Video Doorbell:
With two-way audio, HoneyWell SkyBell let you enjoy conversation with your visitors via iPhone and iPad. It offers full colored night vision and supports on-demand monitoring at any time.
This smart doorbell is easy to install and use. The motion sensors it holds send immediate alerts on your iOS devices on sensing any activity outside your front door.
- Slim design
- Quick response
- Decent image quality
- Wi-Fi connectivity drops
- Limited storage capacity
RemoBell WiFi Wireless Smart Video Doorbell:
With a striking look and quick installation procedures, RemoBell offers two-way audio communication, infrared night vision, advanced motion sensors, and low battery reminders. RemoBell facilitates with 120-degree viewing angle and 256-bit AES security.
When it comes to the cloud system for storing videos, it works quite proficiently but does require a small monthly subscription fee.
- Instant alerts
- No need to hardwire
- Four months battery life
- Lack of a desktop app
- Cheap plastic mounting bracket
Remo+ RemoBell S WiFi Video Doorbell Camera with HD Video, Motion Sensor, 2-Way Talk, and Alexa Enabled (No Monthly Fees) (Free Cloud Storage)
Ring Video Smart Doorbell 2:
Are you looking for a great combination in terms of price, features and classy appearance? Well, Ring Video Smart Doorbell 2 would be a perfect choice with motion-activated alerts, 1080HD video, two-way talk and Wi-Fi connectivity.
Ring 2 encompasses its own internal battery pack that lasts for six months to one year before it requires to be recharged. The design it offers is not only elegant but also water resistant.
- Quick and easy to install
- Alexa and IFTTT support
- Includes cloud-based storage
- Unable to access the events of the past without paid subscription
- Often struggles to connect
iseeBell Wi-Fi Enabled HD Video Smart Doorbell:
Simple and compact design, IseeBell Smart Doorbell shoots 720p HD, gives a 180-degree ultra-wide lens field of motion and a night vision mode. The captured content is pushed to the cloud storage system and is accessible via your mobile.
Its dedicated smart application connects your iOS and Android devices through Wi-Fi, making it possible for you to view live stream videos.
- Decent design
- Metal built
- Delivers good picture quality
- No Alexa Integration
iseeBell Wi-Fi Enabled HD Video Doorbell with Two-way Audio, Night Vision and Smart App Control [Hardwired Version]
Zmodo Greet Wi-Fi Video Smart Doorbell:
Zmodo Greet Smart Doorbell comes with great features, available under a budgeted price tag. Zmodo offers two-way communication, smart motion sensors and even record a short video clip if it senses any activity. Moreover, it can play a brief voice message for your visitor if you are away from home.
With dual Wi-Fi extenders, it quickly gets connected to your smartphone app and is eligible for capturing up to 8GB of video storage.
- Cloud backup service
- Night vision
- Push notification on motion detection
- Unable to offer real “HD” video capture at 1080p
V-Tech Video Smart Doorbell:
With built-in intercom, infrared night vision, adjustable camera angles and waterproof design, V-Tech Video Smart Doorbell comes with the most affordable price tag.
Furthermore, on sensing someone nearby, it sends snapshot that will make you turn on the video and audio. V-Tech also allows you to speak to the person at the door.
- Reasonable price
- Two-way audio
- Does not facilitates recording
August 1st generation Smart Doorbell:
With the inclusion of automatic floodlights, August Smart Doorbell makes extra sharp and well-lit videos. It offers motion-sensing alerts, video recording options, On-Demand viewing, and much more appealing features.
The best about August smart doorbell is its app connectivity and the simplicity of control it offers. One can smoothly replay videos, talk back and see what’s going on. Moreover, you can even lock and unlock the door with a single tap on your smartphone.
- Watch live videos using an app
- Floodlights alarm intruders and stray animals
- Intensive installation requiring mounting brackets and drill, adding up to the cost