Categorized under a pretty mature product, it seems that buying a television would relatively be a quick and easy process; however, it may not be the case especially after confronting the remarkable concept of the internet of things in the last a few years. The IoT has taken this entire world by storm, and the latest television sets are no exception. Our IoT Professionals are keen to deliver their best in the form of Smart TV Setsas well.
A smart TV delivers an enhanced home entertainment by effectively supporting the content from Hulu, Netflix, Amazon Prime, and other superior streaming companies. Numerous popular brands like Samsung, LG, Sony, and Panasonic are benefitting from the smart technology and have incorporated their televisions with an array of fresh features that entertain high levels including running apps for watching programs, playing games, downloading movies and even posting on the Facebook. Outstanding screen resolutions, excellent sound quality along with hi-tech display technology forms the basis of providing an ultimate piece of experience to its users.
What Are the Key Features to Consider When Buying A Smart TV?
While going through the list of various astounding features and the brand models available in the market, you may get confused which one to go for. So keeping in mind the common questions bugging the customer at the time of buying a smart TV, here we are with a step by step guide to teach you how to buy a smart TV.
1. Screen Size:
The most significant factor that is really going to influence your decision regarding getting a smart TV is its screen size. Well, of course, this is one of the primary considerations. However, it depends upon the physical space available for placing it as well as the size of your pocket.
- Get a measuring tape and measure the dimensions of the area where you want to install your smart TV.
- In addition to the measurements of the wall, the next important point to consider is how far away you will be seated from the television. As such no specific calculating procedure has been introduced so far, however, some experts advise you to sit at a distance three times more than the height of your TV set.
Analyzing the space area and the distance, subsequently, you will have to rely on your judgments. However, the above tips will be helpful.
SAMSUNG 43-inch Class QLED Q60T Series – 4K UHD Dual LED Quantum HDR Smart TV with Alexa Built-in (QN43Q60TAFXZA, 2020 Model)
2. Screen Resolution:
Similar to the laptops and your smartphones, the resolution defines the sharpness of the picture of your TV in terms of the number of pixels or dots making up that screen. Alternatively, more the pixels; the sharper will be the display. So other than the size, looking into the screen resolution is also very vital.
- 4K resolution is ideally suggested. Previously the televisions used to support HDTVs (720p), but now during recent years, the manufacturers are rapidly shifting to the resolution of 3840 by 2160 pixels, popularly being known as 4K or Ultra HD.
- If you are interested in getting a small screen TV, then I advise you to skip the idea of 4K resolution as it won’t be noticeable. On the other hand, for the big screen (preferably above 40 inches), 4K is a perfect choice.
3. Display Technology:
When it comes to the display, we come across with the options: LED LCD or the OLED. It is tricky to say which one is the best as both the technologies continue to progress giving an edge over the other. Still, summarizing it generally;
- LED LCD display is sharper than OLED, and they exhibit natural looking light controls. The bright screens can even be visible in a sunny room. It supports full-array backlighting and quantum-dot technology.
- OLED screens light up individual pixels one by one and tend to deliver better contrast. The image quality is retained even viewed from the side. However, OLED is relatively an expensive choice.
4. HDR (High Dynamic Range):
HDR is a new technology which is being marked as up gradation of 4K resolution format. It is capable of delivering more colors, high contrast levels, and exceptional brightness. Therefore if you want most of the colors, buy the TV set supporting HDR.
5. Voice Controls:
Just like other smart devices, the smart television sets can also be controlled using digital voice assistants like Amazon Alexa, Samsung Bixby, and Google Assistant. The smart TV remotes have built-in microphones along with ‘push to talk’ functionality that will, for instance, allow you to search for movies, your favorite TV shows or more.
SAMSUNG 50-inch Class Crystal UHD TU-8000 Series – 4K UHD HDR Smart TV with Alexa Built-in (UN50TU8000FXZA, 2020 Model)
6. HDMI Connections:
Do not forget to pay attention to the number of HDMI connections the smart TV has to offer. You need to count the number of devices you require to connect to your set and make sure that your TV has at least that many HDMI ports.
Samsung UN43RU7100FXZA Flat 43-Inch 4K UHD 7 Series Ultra HD Smart TV with HDR and Alexa Compatibility (2019 Model)
The Wi-Fi enabled Smart TVs are surely gaining worldwide recognition nowadays. So, if you are interested in bringing one home, keep in mind the pointers as mentioned above and you will end up buying the right smart TV for sure.