Remembering the days of my childhood, lying in my blanket, staring at the switch of my light bulb and wish if I could turn it off right from the place where I am lying; height of laziness, I know, but that was the most frequent practices I used to face. Thinking it to be funny though, I never knew it would actually come true!! Yes, I am talking about the ‘Smart Light Bulbs’ that allows you to control lights straight from your smartphone or with your voice now, tap or command without moving an inch, that’s terrific!!
Smart light bulbs aren’t like the traditional LED bulbs. If you are not yet familiar with the fascinating features it offers, you surely are missing a lot then. These smart light bulbs can actually do so much. Right from brightening up your parties to creating an environment for sound sleep, these bulbs are worth investing your money. Wirelessly connected to your smartphone app, it provides a podium to unfold its miraculous offers.
Smart Light Bulbs: Reason to Buy
Smart Light Bulbs will make an excellent addition to your smart home. Still, if you are a bit confused or unaware of its incredible features, here we have listed down the most exciting ones which I believe will impress you for sure.
- Armed with the finger-nail sized communication unit, the smart light bulb connects to your smartphones or tablets and can be managed remotely. On the other hand, it can also be connected to your home automation systems such as Nest or voice-activated systems like Google Home or Amazon Alexa, thus enabling the smart light bulbs to be programmed and work with other devices connected to the home automation system as well.
- Using the bulb’s corresponding app, you can dim or brighten up the smart bulbs as per your preferences.
- Since the smart light bulbs can be controlled from anywhere, we consider it to be the best option concerning security as your house never looks empty even you are out on vacations.
- By simply tapping the color wheel in the application, you can change the color of the bulb.
- Some of the smart bulbs even have built-in speakers that can make you hear your favorite tunes in any room of your house.
- Some smart bulbs are designed in a way that they release color temperatures to help regulate natural hormonal production beneficial for sound sleep.
Sengled Smart Light Bulb, Smart Bulbs that work with Alexa, Google Home (Smart Hub Required), Smart Bulb Color Changing Lights, Alexa Light Bulbs BR30, Dimmable Light Bulbs BR30 800LM, 8.6W, 1 Pack
Smart Light Bulbs: Things to consider
Either set up your entire home or just a specific area, several very significant pointers should be kept in mind while buying smart light bulbs. So, check out the following consideration that will help you how to buy Smart Light Bulbs.
- Watch for the connectivity options of the smart light bulbs. Although most of the smart bulbs are connected to your smart handset via Wi-Fi, however, a few of the smart bulbs utilize the Bluetooth technology. This means that if your smart bulb works with Bluetooth technology, then you can control the lights while being in the house only. While working with Wi-Fi, you can control the bulbs of your house from wherever you are.
- Check your smart bulbs are well integrated with the digital voice assistants like Google Home or Amazon Alexa so that you can efficiently manage the lights through your voice commands.
- Which color light you want? Well, smart bulbs are available in two flavors – colored and pure white. White light appears to be like the standard light bulbs. On the other hand, the colored bulbs change colors and can be set according to your moods. However, the colored bulbs are expensive than the white ones.
- Another significant consideration is the hub or no hub. Some systems are built on hubs providing a strong connection with the smart bulbs as well as some extra features. Initially, it may cost you more, but you will find it affordable in the long run.
Sengled Smart Light Bulb, Smart Bulbs that work with Alexa, Google Home (Smart Hub Required), Smart Bulb A19 Alexa Light Bulbs, 800LM Soft White (2700K), A19 Dimmable, 9W (60W Equivalent), 4 Pack
Smart Light Bulbs: Our Best Picks:
Many smart Light bulb brands are competing in the market; however, we have shortlisted the best ones for you. Have a look!!
Philips Hue White A19 60W Equivalent LED Smart Bulb Starter Kit (4 A19 White Bulbs and 1 Hub Compatible with Amazon Alexa Apple HomeKit and Google Assistant)
- Simple and intuitive.
- Designed to fit standard lamps and fixtures
- Install free dimming with a single swipe of your thumb
- Free app for wireless control
- Go free hand with voice commands
- Can set schedules of when to turn on and off lights based on geographical location and time zone.
Kasa Smart Light Bulb by TP-Link – Reliable WiFi Connection, LED Soft White, Dimmable, A19, 50W Equivalent, No Hub Required, Works with Alexa Echo and Google Assistant (LB100)
- Built-in Wi-Fi, thus no bridge required
- Free Kasa App
- Adjustable brightness to suit your moods
- Allows you to set schedules as per your daily needs
- Track your day to day energy usage of lighting
- Quick and easy setup
- Works with Nest, Amazon Alexa, and Google Assistant
MagicLight Bluetooth Smart Light Bulb – 60w Equivalent Wake Up Lights – Multicolored Color Changing Disco Light – Dimmable Sunrise Sunset Sleeping Light Bulb
- Offers you to control bulbs individually or as a group
- ‘Music Sync’ automatically changes the light of your bulb to match with the music.
- Schedule your bulbs to turn on or off at preset timings.
- Equipped with ‘night-light function’ for your relaxed sleep time
- Simple and fast setup
- Free MagicLight app.