Top 10 Smart Home Security Systems You Must Love
Your home is one of your massive real investments, right? Obviously, there are several other important factors you have to keep in mind but to achieve the target of building or buying a house is one of the topmost priorities you work for so hard throughout your life, isn’t it? Well, keeping it safe is the next big thing and millions of thanks to the IoT Professionals whose endless efforts have led us to the time where we can enjoy the trust, protection, and comfort of smart home security systems.
Over the years, the smart home security systems have been developing and come a long way with alarms, security camera, sensors, doorbells and more; all integrated with IoT technology and let you have a peace of mind by just having a single tap on your smartphone or tablet. There you go!! Monitor every movement in your house while sitting miles away from your home. Seriously!! It is indeed an astounding and remarkable concept and creation.
You know what’s the best part is? Well, you can easily install most of these smart security systems yourself, thus saving hefty amounts that are required by the specialists.
Things to consider before purchasing a smart home security system:
The most significant and the very first thing that must be checked is the compatibility of the smart home security system with the smartphone device you plan to use. On the other hands, there are numerous other features that you have to take into account before making the payment. Basically, it all depends upon what you want. However, here we have compiled a few of the very common considerations which you need to ponder upon to get an ideal fit for your home.
- When it comes to the alert system, you need to decide that either you require motion-based, sound alerts or notifications of all sorts of activities. You can ask to provide the notice via an email, or it can be set to audible notification to make sure you never miss out any undesirable movement in the house.
- Next, you need to decide about the sensors you want to have in your house. It depends on the size as well as the coverage you want. There are numbers of sensors available in the market encompassing doorbell sensors, window contact, door contact, glass break sensors, smoke sensors and many more. Usually, security systems are mainly equipped with the motion sensors and alarm alerts that buzz aloud the moment it detects any intruder into the house.
- When we talk about the cameras attached to the smart home security system then there are many outdoor and indoor cameras that not only monitor your property but also make recordings and allow you to see the footage from wherever you are on the smartphone connected to it.
- Voice commands offer a very convenient podium from where you can just communicate via your voice, and the task is done. If you have Apple’s Siri, Samsung’s Bixby, Google Assistant or Amazon Alexa devices, you can simply control your alarms with voice command, thus making it much easier for you.
- See whether your security system requires a monitoring contract or not. Well, there are some smart home security systems that involve monitoring services 24/7. So, if the service provider detects any problem, it will be immediately conveyed to you and even to the nearest police station or the rescue teams.
- Mostly security systems support self-installation procedures, so you don’t have to bear the contractor’s cost. However, do consider the type of unit you need, either wired or wireless and does it involves any external power source or drilling actions.
Best Smart Home Security Systems:
- Nest Security Cam
- Amazon Cloud Cam
- Amcrest ProHD 1080P WiFi Camera
- Blink Home Security Camera System
- NETGEAR Arlo Pro Security System
- Vimtag P1 ULTRA IP Wireless Network Security Camera
- REOLINK 5MP IP WiFi Home Security Camera
- Ring Floodlight Camera
- Abode Essentials Starter Kit
- Wink Lookout Smart Security Essentials
Now, let us have a quick look at each of the security system that will allow you to make the right choice for yourself.
Nest Security Cam:
Nest Security Cam never misses out anything!! Yes, it features 24/7 live streaming to your smartphone or tablet. It is capable of sending movement alerts in different formats like ‘a person alert’ or ‘an activity alert.’
The built-in camera and the mic keep you in touch with what is happening around in the house. The installation procedures of the Nest security cam is quite simple and can stand any kind of surface. It also comes with a magnet permitting you to stick it to something magnetic.
The best part of the Nest security cam is its compatibility with other smart home devices in your home, thus offering an array of magnificent possibilities.
Nest Cam Indoor Wired Home Security Camera, 24/7 live video, 1080p HD, Wifi, Night Vision, 2-Way Talk, Mobile Intelligent Alerts, 3-hour event snapshot, works with Google Assistant & Alexa
Amazon Cloud Cam:
With advanced features and detections, Amazon Cloud Security Cam smartly watches over your house and sends an immediate notification if something unusual happens. It allows you to see up to 30 days of video history and also let you share the last 24 hours motion alerts for free.
With night vision, Amazon cloud cam works perfectly well at night. It supports two way-audio and works with Alexa as well.
Amcrest ProHD 1080P WiFi Camera:
Available in three pretty colors, Amcrest comes with latest Sony image sensors and HD 1080P wireless camera that allows you to see the footage of your house from anywhere. Amcrest View app let you have security alerts on your smartphone devices or to your PC.
Amcrest ProHD 1080P WiFi Camera 2MP (1920TVL) Indoor Pan/Tilt Security Wireless IP Camera IP2M-841B (Black)
Amcrest IP camera works proficiently well by offering an intelligent digital zoom to have a closer look. The night vision works up to 32 feet.
Blink Home Security Camera System:
Are you interested in getting a small set up at a reasonable price in the beginning and then add up more cameras to it over time? Well then do not miss out on the Blink Home Security Camera System that comes with motion sensor alarm that not only notifies you but also records a short clip of the incident to the cloud.
The Blink home security system is powered by 2 AA Lithium batteries having a lifespan of 2 years. It follows quick and simple installation steps and provides complete control via voice through Amazon Alexa or iOS/ Android applications.
Blink Indoor Home Security Camera System with Motion Detection, HD Video, 2-Year Battery Life and Cloud Storage Included – 2 Camera Kit
NETGEAR Arlo Pro Security System:
Tangled wires are annoying, aren’t they? So how about getting your hands on NETGEAR Arlo Pro Security System and eliminate the hassles attached to the wiring and power cords from your life.
NETGEAR Arlo Pro offers super sharp HD live streaming and also facilitate you with rolling seven days cloud recordings. For fast charging, the system encompasses rechargeable batteries that last super long.
Arlo Pro cameras can be placed inside or outside the house as the enclosure is weather resistant and is equipped with wide angle lens with the ability to take up to 130 degrees of visuals, thus, never misses out a thing.
NETGEAR Security System (NETGEAR Renewed) – 4 Wire-Free HD Cameras | Indoor/Outdoor | Night Vision (VMS3430)
Vimtag P1 ULTRA IP Wireless Network Security Camera:
With spectacular HD video quality and super clear night visions, Vimtag P1 ULTRA IP Wireless Network Security Camera wears the tag of a budgeted security system. It comes with a high-class surveillance camera and offers the latest IoT technology sensors, therefore maximizing the effectiveness of the existing cameras.
Vimtag P1 Smart Cloud Wi-Fi IP Camera – Wireless Security Camera System – HD Video Surveillance Recording Streamed On All Devices – 2 Way Audio Surveillance Nanny Cam, Pet Cam, upgraded VT-361
The black and white egg-shaped Vimtag is eligible for rotating both vertically and horizontally, thus provides complete 360-degree coverage of whatever room it is installed in to be watched from the smartphone app. However, for storing HD videos, you need to purchase an SD card with the smart security system.
REOLINK 5MP IP WiFi Home Security Camera:
With high-resolution camera and 100 feets decent night vision REOLINK 5MP IP WiFi Home Security Camera offers a perfect 36 to 100 degree viewing angles. Connected through Wi-Fi, it comes with 2T2R MIMO antennas ensuring sturdier network signals.
The system supports email and app push notifications while the app is entirely free and easy to navigate. You can insert Micro SD card up to 64GB in order to get the motion activated videos recorded.
Wireless Home Security Camera System, Reolink Rechargeable Battery-Powered Camera, 1080P Night Vision, Waterproof, Work with Google Assistant, Cloud/Local SD Storage, Argus Eco with Solar Panel Kit
Ring Floodlight Camera:
As the name suggests, the Ring Floodlight Camera comes with two super-bright, motion-activated LED floodlights which not only delivers a clearer high-quality vision but can scare off the intruder with its sudden appearance. Moreover, it is also armed with a 110-decibel alarm that can scare the people off audibly.
Alongside these floodlights, the system includes ultra-wide-angle sensors and also back face recognition. Since its weather-resistant, so it can even be installed outside.
Abode Essentials Starter Kit:
The Abode Essentials Starter Kit is an outstanding do-it-yourself security system, thus saving you from paying to the experts. The system offers no-contract professional-grade monitoring, but it does not support camera recording.
abode Essentials Starter Kit | DIY Wireless Home Security System | Works with Alexa, Google Home, and Apple HomeKit
Abode Essentials Starter Kit is backed by the batteries. You can make a start by installing the basics and then, later on, expand it to more as per your preferences. It works on both iOS and Android devices.
Wink Lookout Smart Security Essentials:
Connected to the internet, start monitoring your home with Wink Lookout Smart Security Essentials via your smartphone device as it gives you the best of everything you need.
Wink Lookout Smart Security Starter Kit with Wink Hub 2, Motion Sensor, Siren & Chime, Door/Window Sensors
The system comes pre-paired to your account. All you have to do is simply take it home and set it up.Wink has the potential to work with numerous third-party devices but cannot trigger camera recordings and lacks back up batteries.