Top 10 Smart Power Strips That Last Long
With the rapid advancement in the world of ‘internet of things’, the IoT Professionals are devoted to incorporate the amazing technology into every little bit of a thing in our life. Yes!! This time we will take you on the ride where you will find ‘Smart Power Strips’. Like seriously?? I mean when I first heard about it, I thought it can’t be. But later when I surveyed the market, I was surprised at the superior integrations and the awesome features these smart power strips were offering. So, before moving any further let us have a look at what these smart power strips really are?
What Is a Smart Power Strip?
Armed with IoT technology, smart power strip introduces an entirely new way to handle and monitor your electronic devices. While considering the traditional ones, power strips are the most affordable and convenient option to expand the number of electrical outlets. But this easiness usually encourages us to leave them plugged-in which is definitely not the right thing to do as there are numerous devices that draw power even when they are not in use. Such circumstances lead us to the wastage of energy resources and of course, increase the cost of our electricity bills.
On the other hand, when we talk about the smart power strips, they automatically turn off the power of the things that you have stopped using thus not only saves energy but also good enough monthly bucks for you. It allows you to connect via your smartphone, Android or iOS supported, and control your device from anywhere, anytime.
The smart power strip does not require any complicated setup procedures. Just plug in and there you are all set to use it.
Why Is a Smart Power Strip An Essential Choice?
- Smart power strips let you control, manage and automate your home. You will be immediately notified on your connected smartphone if any of the appliances are turned on or off. Well, definitely a very significant option if anybody else switches on your computer. You can turn it off remotely.
- When you are away from your home and you suddenly remember that you forgot to unplug the iron or switch off the bedside lamp; wipe away your worries as now you can do it with a single tap on your smartphone.
- There are numbers of appliances at our home for which we have to move around or go up the stairs to power them off. No need to do that now and control them while lying on your bed.
- Smart power strips monitor the real-time consumption of the devices you are using and switch them off instantly to save energy when they are left on the standby mode.
- Voltage does rise or drop at times. Such situation can cause fire hazards or other kinds of mishap. Smart power strips come with ‘surge protection’ that instantaneously cut off the flow of electricity to protect the devices plugged-in.
Best Smart Power Strips:
- Pinlo Smart Power Strip
- ISelector Smart Power Strip
- Tonbux Power Strip
- Conico WiFi Smart Power Strip
- SIEGES Smart Power Strip
- IMILLET WiFi Smart Power Strip
- iClever IC-BS03 Smart Power Strip
- Koogeek Smart Surge Protector Wifi Power Strip
- Weton WiFi Smart Power Strip
- Wheswell Smart Surge Protector Power Strip
Smart Power Strip, Wifi Surge Protector, Voice Control with Alexa & Google Home, 4 AC Outlets 4 USB Port with 6-Foot Cord, App Control Appliances, Individual Control, Timing Schedule, No Hub Required
Equipped with 4 outlets and 4 USB charging ports, Pinlo smart power strip surely offers a great convenience for your home appliances heaters, fans, TV, water dispenser and more.
With ‘Smart Life’ app, you can control your Pinlo smart strip via smartphone or tablet. The strip doesn’t require a hub and saves energy through scheduling your appliances. The best part is that the smart strip can set up to 20 timing tasks and support up to 30 smartphones control.
- Simple and quick installation
- Super responsive
- Large in size
- Does not support 5.0 GHz Wi-Fi network
With Wi-Fi sockets and compatibility with Amazon Alexa and Google Assistant, ISelector smart power strip manages your home appliances simply by a free ‘Jinvoo application’. By using voice commands, you can control lights, brightness and other electronics in the house.
ISelector smart strip supports both Android and iOS operating systems and does not involve any sort of complicated installation procedures.
- Sophisticated appearance
- Composed of fire resistant material
- Prevent overcharging and overheating
- Facilitates scheduled planning
- Poor connectivity
Smart Power Strip WiFi Plug TONBUX Multiple Outlet Surge Protector USB Bar & FCC Certified Remote Control Timing Schedule Voice Control with Alexa Echo Google Home IFTTT White
With 4 AC outlets and 4 USB charging ports, Tonbux smart power strip ideally adjusts the electrical appliances and their consumption as well. Being compatible with Amazon Alexa and Echo Dot, it offers superior voice control of the devices.
Tonbux also allows you to set schedules and timers. Moreover, you can download the free ‘Jinvoo smart app’ on your smart device (compatible with iOS 8 or above and Android 4.1 or above) and can easily control the power consumption of your devices. With surge protection, the smart strip has the ability to absorb the voltage spikes
- Small and compact
- Great quality
- Easy installation
- At times shuts off and requires long resets
- Lacks compatibility with Google Home
Gosund Smart Power Strip Works with Alexa Google Home, Smart Plug Wifi Surge Protector Extender Power Strip, 3 AC Outlets and 3 USB Charging Port, Timer and Schedules, No Hub Required, 10A
Equipped with four smart plugs and four USB charging ports, Conico Wi-Fi smart power strip offers an ideal smart deal for your home and office. Connecting to the Jinvoo smart app, you can voice control all the outlets via Amazon Alexa and Echo Dot
The four smart sockets can individually be handled with your smartphone through Wi-Fi/3G/4G networks no matter where you are. The smart strip comes with surge protection, thus capable of effectively absorbing the sudden high voltage.
- Easy to operate
- Create a timer for scheduled control
- Long cord
- Does not support Google Home
- Connectivity lags
meross Smart Power Strip, Wi-Fi Surge Protector, Alexa, Google Home & IFTTT Supported, Remote Control, With 3 AC Outlets and 4 USB Ports,16A -MSS425E
SIEGES smart power strip facilitates with multi-outlets and USB charging port. It proficiently works with Amazon Alexa and can be controlled via simple voice commands.
There is no need to turn on the device with your hands as the scheduled smart power strip has the ability to turn on or off at a specific time for three certain electrical devices at the same time. All you have to do is to connect to your Wi-Fi network and download the free App called “Smart Life” on your smart device and enjoy the astounding features this strip have to offer.
- Strong built
- Easy and straightforward pairing
- Perfect for traveling
- Sometimes does not works well with Google Assistant
Smart Power Strip, IMILLET Wifi Power Strip Surge Protector Compatible with Alexa Google Home IFTTT with 4 Outlet 4 USB Charging Port and 5ft Cord Alexa Smart Plug
IMILLET Wi-Fi smart power strip can be marked as another great product that allows for automation of appliances in your house. The power strip is really easy to pair up with Wi-Fi by long pressing the power button until the power button light flashes quickly. It comes with four USB slots and each of the four power outlets are on a different circuit, which makes this product amazing.
There’s built-in leakage, overload, and surge protection, thus protecting your equipment at all times from damage.
- Sync with Alexa and Echo
- ETL certificated
- Lifetime technical support
- Unstable connectivity
WiFi Smart Power Strip, Amtake Surge Protector Outlet with 4 Smart Plugs and 4 USB Charging Ports for Multi Outlet Socket Extension Cord, Voice Controlled by Amazon Alexa Echo Dot and Google Home
How about getting a smart power strip as Amtake that comes with built-in wireless capabilities, convenient timer settings, surge protection, voice control and much more? The power strip is operated through a smartphone app and does not require an extra hub or set up to get it in working condition. All you need to do is to connect to the available Wi-Fi connection and use the features offered by the application to monitor the outlets.
In terms of protection, the smart strip comes with surge protection and is made of fireproof material.
- Various timer settings
- Reasonable long cord
- UL, CE and ROHS official safety certification
- The manual with the package has an improper layout and print size which makes it hard to read.
Koogeek Smart Power Strip, WiFi Surge Protector with 5ft cord Works with Apple HomeKit, Alexa & Google Assistant, 3 Outlets with 3 USB Charging Ports Individual Control, Timers, no hub required
With great performance and excellent HomeKit control, Koogeek smart Wi-Fi power strip comes with three independent control smart AC outlets and three smart USB charging ports.
The smart strip works with Apple HomeKit and control devices with your voice commands via Siri. Moreover, you can set custom schedules and timers for a connected accessory. It requires Koogeek Home app for quick and easy controls.
- Solid functionality
- Lengthy cord
- USB ports are not smart ports
- Sometimes disconnects from Wi-Fi
WiFi Smart Power Strip Socket with Alexa,Weton Wireless Multi-Plug Timer Switch Power Strip Surge Protector with 4 AC Outlets 4 USB Port Remote Control Via Free App for IOS/Android Smart Phone/Tablets
The Weton Wi-Fi smart power strip comes with 4 AC outlets and 4 USB ports, where the 4 AC outlets can be controlled individually and the 4 USB can be managed only as one unit.
All it requires is to simply connect to your smartphone or tablet and download the free application. It synchronizes perfectly well with the Amazon Alexa and Echo Dot that will let you control the outlet with your voice commands.
This smart power strip allows you to switch on or off the devices at the scheduled timings thus avoiding wasteful energy behavior and also protect your appliances against overcharging.
- Good quality outer case
- Surge protection
- Easily usable wherever needed
- Does not work with Google Home
- Unresponsive technical support
WiFi Power Strip, Wheswell Smart Surge Protector, 4 Individually Controlled AC Plugs and 4 Smart USB Fast Charging Ports (30W/5V/6A), Timer, Remote Control, Compatible with Alexa and Google Assistant…
Wheswell smart power strip comes with four Alexa and Google Assistant enabled AC power outlets that can be smoothly managed by your voice individually. However, on the other hand, the four USB ports are controlled as a group. Via ‘Smart Life’ app, the outlets and ports can be instructed to be switched off or on.
The smart strip can customize the schedules and is eligible for reducing the power consumption.
- Fire resistant material
- Push to reset the breaker
- Only supports 2.4GHz Wi-Fi network
- For indoor and dry location use only
- Does not support Apple Homekit and Samsung SmartThings