Have you ever thought of talking to a refrigerator? Sounds ridiculous, right? But at the same time, you may find it interesting and anxious to learn more about it. Well, that’s a human psyche. However, on a serious note, considering such sort of situation was like some sort of a silly dream to me. But I guess, sometimes dreams do come true. Yes!! Believe it or not but now you can actually talk to your refrigerator.
Well, this internet of thing is full of spectacular surprises, isn’t it? And unfolding one by one will take you to the heights of amazement each time. Say it to be the smartphones in your hands, smart home security systems, smart thermostats, smartwatches and a lot more, IoT Professionals are progressing tremendously to bring comfort and convenience to your life. Thank you, smart guys, for such smart machines!!
Coming back to the smart refrigerators, they come with the ability to be connected to the internet via Wi-Fi, definitely another smart move by the great IoT professionals. Not only this, you may find smart refrigerators featuring a touchscreen interface, internal cameras, advanced cooling control options and much more.
Highlighting one of the most astounding features, now you can interact with your smart fridge through your smartphones and tablets. And the story doesn’t end up here. Some smart refrigerators can even connect to the other smart devices in your home. Well, our lifestyles are definitely transforming.
What Features Does a Smart Refrigerator Offer?
Keeping in mind the market conditions and demand of the consumers, numerous companies are now taking a keen interest in manufacturing some real smart home refrigerators. Obviously, in quest of competing each other, the manufacturers try to come up with something unique which varies with brands and models. However, while taking an overview, we have collected some of the most significant aspects. Check it out!!
- Temperature customization for each drawer or compartment
- Usage of the internal camera to have a detailed look at the stock present inside the fridge.
- Allows you to set the due dates and notifies you to use the product before it expires.
- Helps you create a grocery list that synchronizes perfectly well with your smartphones.
- Permits you to look up for the recipes and guide you through the whole cooking procedures.
- The alert system reports you when the water filters are required to be changed.
- Now you can turn on or off the ice maker via your smartphone.
- Let you create individual profiles for each family member to make to do list or send personal notes.
Best Smart Refrigerators to Buy for your Home:
|1.||Samsung Family Hub French Door Smart Refrigerator RF265BEAESG||Gray|
|2.||Kenmore Smart 75043 French Door Bottom-Mount Smart Refrigerator||Black/ Steel Gray / White|
|3.||GE Profile PFE28PBLTS Smart French Door Smart Refrigerator||Black Stainless Steel|
|4.||GE Café Series CFE28USHSS French Door Smart Refrigerator||Steel|
|5.||GE PFE28PSKSS French Door Smart Refrigerator||Steel Gray|
|6.||LG LFXS30766S French Door Smart Refrigerator||Steel Gray|
|7.||DCS RS36A80JC1 French Door Smart Refrigerator||White|
|8.||Samsung RF28HMEDBBC French Door Smart Refrigerator||Dark Gray|
Now let us dig deep to explore features of each of the smart refrigerators.
Samsung Family Hub French Door Smart Refrigerator:
Samsung has definitely taken the technology to one great level with the launch of its Family Hub French Door Smart Refrigerator. The best part of this smart fridge is its 21.5 inches attractive Wi-Fi-enabled touchscreen on the front of the fridge that will let you control the entire procedures.
- Through Samsung Bixby digital assistant, use voice commands to interact with the fridge
- Use three built-in internal cameras to look what is in the fridge.
- Make and share your shopping list with family members at the store
- Dance along the music while cooking or relax having dinner while playing iHeartRadio, Spotify or Pandora.
- Catch up with the news headlines
- Create schedules and task lists for each family member
- With three evaporator coils, offers excellent control over the temperature and humidity levels, thus keeping food fresh for long
- Family Hub is capable of connecting to the other smart home devices like smart lights, smart thermostats, etc.
|Impressive design and integrated apps||Setup can be challenging|
|Entertainment in the kitchen||expensive|
Samsung RF22K9581SG / RF22K9581SG/AA / RF22K9581SG/AA 22 Cu. Ft. Black Stainless 4 Door Family Hub Counter Depth Refrigerator
Kenmore Smart 75043 French Door Bottom-Mount Smart Refrigerator:
Kenmore, a well reputable brand offers it’s Smart 75043 French Door Bottom-Mount Refrigerator with French doors, extra storage capacity and ensures to keep your food crisp and fresh at ideal temperatures via Kenmore Smart app and GeniusCool technology.
- Use voice commands to monitor and control the entire working of the fridge
- Equipped with brilliant LED interior lights
- Comes with extra-large dispenser area for quick access to clean and fresh water anytime.
|Compatible with Alexa||The drawers don’t pull out as far|
|Ideal water dispenser area||The fridge shelves do not slide to accommodate tall things|
GE Profile PFE28PBLTS Smart French Door Smart Refrigerator:
GE Profile PFE28PBLTS offered a great five glass shelves with huge capacity, external water dispenser, and built-in Keurig K-Cup Brewing System. Its finishing makes it a cool buying option on the list of our smart refrigerators.
- Offers flexible storing possibilities to preserve food items.
- The two humidity-controlled drawers provide supreme climate conditions.
- Includes a dairy section and a drop down tray that can be removed when not needed.
- The GE’s TwinChill cooling system keeps separate climates for both fresh food and freezer sections.
- Offers connectivity with Amazon Alexa and Google Assistant
GE Profile PFE28PBLTS 36 Inch Smart French Door Refrigerator with 27.8 cu. ft. Total Capacity in Black Stainless Steel
|Receive helpful alerts and reminders||At times makes a lot of different noises|
|Energy Star Certified|
GE Café Series CFE28USHSS French Door Smart Refrigerator:
The GE Café Series is the Wi-Fi-connected refrigerator enclosing an advanced water management system. With the incorporation of four pre-programmed temperature settings, its water dispenser via GE Kitchen app can be scheduled to hot water for any time of the day.
- Comes with a Keurig K-Cup Brewing System installed
- The Precise Fill Settings option let you have the exact amount of water required.
- Includes TwinChill evaporators for keeping food fresh and cool.
- Notifies when water filters need to be replaced
- It is capable of integrating with IFTTT.
- Voice commands are enabled with Amazon Alexa
|The convenience of brewing a hot beverage||Loose drawers|
|Smart connectivity||Motor gets pretty loud sometimes|
GE PFE28PSKSS French Door Smart Refrigerator:
GE PFE28PSKSS is a modern looking smart refrigerator portraying a tasteful and traditional design with Wi-Fi connectivity, built-in Keurig coffee maker, and hot water dispenser.
In addition to it,
- Offers a user-friendly app to control fridge’s temperature using your smartphone.
- Gives push alerts if the door is left open
- The fridge can be instructed to heat up the water via an app
- Delivers Amazon Alexa or Google Home functionality
|Free downloadable app||Doesn’t have a video player|
|Dispense warm water for tea||Lacks music streaming applications|
LG LFXS30766S French Door Smart Refrigerator:
LG LFXS30766S is the part of the LG line of SmartThinq connected smart home appliances that comes with some really stimulating smart home features hidden inside. The fridge offers super convenience with its double doors. Moreover, it has an additional compartment where you can place the most frequently used items.
- Allows you to turn on ‘ice plus’ feature via an app.
- Get an update on your smartphone when your water and air filter needs to be changed.
- Encompassing three fruits and veggies trays, preventing them from being messed up.
- The fridge has ‘dual ice maker,’ one in the door and the other at the bottom.
- Armed with door alarm and a child lock
|Ice plus feature for the last minute get together||Lacks LCD on the door|
|Easily store party trays for quick access||Pricey|
DCS RS36A80JC1 French Door Smart Refrigerator:
Incorporated with SmartActive technology, the interior temperature sensors of DCS RS36A80JC1 automatically adjusts the fan and compressor operations, creating stable temperature throughout the fridge and freezer.
- Customize your fridge settings with an easy to use smart touch control panel.
- The refrigerator intelligently adapts to the daily usage and help to save energy, defrosting and cooling.
- It offers three humidity-controlled crisper bins.
- Armed with LED lights and open door alarm system
DCS RS36A80JC1 36″ Star K Energy Star Built-In French Door Refrigerator with 16.8 cu. ft. Capacity Active Smart Technology Adaptive Defrost and Internal Ice Maker: Panel
|A Sleek design||might not offer enough storage space for larger families|
|Flexible shelving and storage options||Costly|
Samsung RF28HMEDBBC French Door Smart Refrigerator:
With modern design and elegant black stainless steel finishing, Samsung RF28HMEDBBC involves appealing features and delivers excellent performance. On the other hand, the inner case offers large compartments to store food items.
In addition to it,
- Includes FlexZone drawers utilizing metal cooling technology that cools the food faster.
- Furnished with energy-efficient LED lighting.
- Comes with Samsung’s Twin Cooling Plus system ensuring both fresh and frozen foods to be stored at correct humidity levels.
- Its master ice maker is capable of creating up to 10 pounds of ice every day
Samsung RF28HMEDBBC Energy Star 28.2 Cu. Ft. French Door Refrigerator with Counter-Height FlexZone Drawer and Freezer Drawer, Black
|Admirable appearance||Sometimes make a loud noise|
|Spacious||Space for the ice is pretty small|
|Energy Star qualified|
|Multiple temperature options|